Loredana Valenzano's BLOG

Something about me, my daily life, science, music, news, curiosities and so on...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oriana Fallaci: The Agitator

From "The New Yorker"
Issue of 2006-06-05
Posted 2006-05-29 by Margaret Talbot

[..]
I visited Fallaci on the day before the Italian election, in which Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was defeated by the center-left candidate, Romano Prodi. Fallaci told me that she had not sent in an absentee ballot. She loved referenda: “Do you want the hunter to go hunting under your window? No! Do you want the Koran in your schools? No!” “No” was something Fallaci was happy to say. But Berlusconi and Prodi were “two f-----g idiots,” she said. “Why do the people humiliate themselves by voting? I didn’t vote. No! Because I have dignity. . . . If, at a certain moment, I had closed my nose and voted for one of them, I would spit on my own face.”
[...]
Raed the full article

1 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home