Loredana Valenzano's BLOG

Something about me, my daily life, science, music, news, curiosities and so on...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

A standard working day

Dear all, it is useless to underline that I do not have much time anymore to take care of this BLOG during the week. On the other hand, I want to keep this BLOG updated so I am trying at least once a week to post some pictures dedicated in particular to my sister Chiara who lives in Germany and is missing Emanuele growing up. No to mention all our friends around the world. Ayway, things are going well. I came back to work full time since 10 days or so. Alarm clock is set to 7:00 a.m.... actually no alarm clock is needed anymore since Emanuele is waking up every day (almost) at that time to have breakfast. It is impressive how he can be precise in the timing! After his feeding I prepare myself to go to work. I menage to have something for breakfast and to prepare some "homemade milk" for Emanuele's afternoon. Usually around 8:30 I menage to exit home and to take the tram towards Chemistry. Emanuele stays home in the morning with Maurizio who is in these days very concentrated in teaching him to pronounce the "R". Not an easy job for a three-months baby, even though I must say that Emanuele is already very interested in trying to comunicate both with us and with his grandparents. Between 9:00 and 9:30 (sometimes also before 9:00) I am in front of my PC at work. Morning passes fast and... relaxing actually... if compared with life at home! Even though I have lots of things to do at work, it is very relaxing and more pleseant now than in the past! Around 13:00 I leave Chemistry to go home and pick up Emanuele to bring him to his granparents, some days to Nonni Bagnasco, some days to Nonni Valenzano. Probably the most difficult part of all this is to find an agreement with the granparents who would like to have Emanuele at their place every day! But he has to grow up knowing both the families so the first 2 or 3 days of the week are dedicated to Nonni Valenzano and the last 3 or 2 days to Nonni Bagnasco, closer to my working place. Afternoon passes quickly. I usually check at what time Emanuele has his afternoon milk in order to know at what time I have to leave Chemistry in the evening. Usually he has to eat in the evening between 19:00 and 20:00 so I leave Chemistry sometimes between 18:30 and 19:30. We arrive home between 19:30 and 21:00 according to Emanuele's appetite. Most of the time he can resist to be home to have his evening milk session. Late evenings pass playing with Emanuele who can now vocalize already a lot. He can now stay awake for more than 3 hours without resting a single minute! It is more and more a pleasure to stay with him and trying to teach him things! Last feeding drops between 23:00 and 00:00 and after that the three of us are ready to go for a long and deep sleep until 7:00 a.m. when Emanuele's natural alarm clock will ring again to start a new busy but always exiting day... Obviously in all this, one has also to take care of the usual things: do some shopping, trying (with no much success, actually) to clean the flat in a decent way, do the washing (especially for Emanuele's little clothes), trying to eat something warm (at least once a day!). Luckily I can count on Maurizio for most of the things concerning the house, so that I can concentrate my effort on Emanuele once I am home.

PS: it took me two days to write this post...


At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grazie per gli aggiornamenti!
ci vediamo presto!!


Post a Comment

<< Home